Scrypt.Media (“we”) is the operator of the website https://quarantino.net (the “Website”). We collect and process personal data of individuals (the “User” or “you”) using the Website and the services offered through the Website. The protection and confidentiality of your personal data is of particular importance to us. We treat your personal data confidentially and in accordance with the applicable data protection laws, in articular with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR“).
In the following, we will inform you what data are collected during your visit of our Website, as well as the legal bases for the processing of personal data, the purpose of the data processing, the use, the duration of the storage of data and your rights.
Name and address of the responsible body
The responsible body (the “Controller”) within the meaning of the GDPR is:
13B avenue de la Motte-Picquet
75007, Paris, France
If you have any questions relating to data processing and your rights according to the applicable data protection laws, you may contact us by email: email@example.com
What categories of data do we collect?
- Contact information;
- Technical data: such as your IP address or your operating system when using the website (see below for more information);
- Behaviour: the manner in which you use/handle our website or our e-mails;
- Your correspondence with us;
To communicate with you
- To communicate with you (e.g. when you ask us a question);
- To provide you with (targeted) information on services and products (only if you are customer or (person of interest at) a prospect, based on legitimate interest, or if you request it, e.g. by subscribing to our newsletter). In any case, you can always opt out of receiving any more of these communications.
Provisioning of the Website and creation of log files
The provider of the Website automatically collects and stores information in so-called server log files. Such information is needed to establish a connection to the Website. The processed information is:
- Browser type and browser version
- Operating system used
- The internet service provider of the User
- The IP address of the User
- Hostname of the accessing computer
- Time of the server inquiry
- Websites from which the User’s system reaches the Website
- Websites accessed by the User’s system via our Websites.
The data is also stored in the log files of our system. These data are not stored together with other personal data of the user and is not combined with other data sources.
The legal basis for processing of the data is Article 6 (1)(f) GDPR. The log files are processed for technical and administrative purposes of establishing and maintaining a connection in order to guarantee the security and functionality of the Website and to be able to prosecute any illegal attacks on it if necessary.
Our legitimate interest in data processing pursuant to Art. 6 (1)(f) GDPR results from the security interest mentioned and the necessity of a trouble-free provision of our Websites.
Data will be stored for one month.
We make use of the following type of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are necessary for the functioning of our Website. They allow you to log in and use our services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies analyse the way our Website is used, which pages are most frequently visited, which problems occur, etc. This way we can improve our Website and keep your user experience optimal.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognize individual users and to remember their preferences. We can for instance remember your choice of language and other settings so that they are immediately correct on your next visit.
- We do not use targeted or advertising cookies. Such cookies analyse your surfing behaviour (on our and other websites) to show you ads that match your interests and profile. Such cookies generally come from third parties (such as Google or Facebook) that collect that information and also take care of the ads based on it.
As a rule, our cookies expire automatically.
Cookies can also be explained on the basis of who issues them. They can be divided into:
- First party cookies. These cookies come from us. They control and remember e.g. the display of the website in your preferred language or remember the contents of a shopping basket.
- Third-party cookies. These cookies come from other parties. They are often used to track online behaviour across different websites or to analyse website use (such as Google Analytics).
Most of the cookies we use are so-called session cookies. They will automatically be deleted at the end of your visit. Other cookies remain stored on your device until you delete them.These cookies enable us to recognize your browser the next time you visit our Website.
We erase your Personal Data automatically when they are no longer required for the purposes listed above. We also erase your Personal Data according to your request and if further storage is neither required nor permitted by applicable laws.
This Website uses the functions of the web analytics service Google Analytics. The provider is Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). Google is certified under the EU Privacy Shield and thus guarantees compliance with European data protection laws,https://policies.google.com/privacy/frameworks?hl=en&gl=de.
Google will use this information to evaluate your use of our Website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services associated with the use of the Website and the Internet. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of Google. Information generated by the cookies are automatically deleted by Google after one month or earlier in accordance with the settings of your web browser.
This processing is required to pursue our legitimate interests (Art. 6 paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR) to provide website visitors with a website experience that is tailored to their personal preferences and to provide product recommendations and advertising for our company and our products that are tailored to their interests. The transfer to the United States of America is based on an adequacy decision by the EU Commission (Art. 45 GDPR) due to the recipient’s participation in the “EU-US Privacy Shield”.
The legal basis for storage and processing of data is Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR. The processing is necessary for communication with you being the legitimate interest in data processing pursuant to Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
We will delete your personal data as soon as the purpose of the storage no longer applies.
Legal basis for the processing of your data
We process your personal data in strict accordance with the applicable privacy legislation and on the basis of the following legal grounds:
- Legal obligation: in some cases, we are legally obligated to process certain information about you, for example, when we have to send your invoices, we need your VAT number.
- Legitimate interest: if you are a customer, a partner, sponsor or more generally in an existing trade relationship with us, we may send you information and newsletters about our activities based on a legitimate interest to do so. Unless you unsubscribe of course. If you are (a person of interest at) a “prospect” (e.g. potential customer, an interesting for a partnership or for participation to an event as speaker or attendant), we may collect your personal data as described above and contact you by phone and/or e-mail to inform you about our products.
- Consent: we may also process your data if we are given express consent, e.g. when you register for a newsletter or for certain (targeted) offers (direct marketing).
How do we collect your data?
- When using our website
- When communicating with us
- When using our services
- From public sources. For example, if you are (a person of interest at) a “prospect” (e.g. an interesting party for a sponsorship, for a partnership or for participation to an event as speaker or attendant), we may gather your personal contact details via publicly available sources such as your company website.
How do we protect your data?
- Technical security measures: In terms of access (login requirements, password policy, role division, etc.), storage (encryption, backup, etc.), and protection against outside access (firewall, antiviral software, etc.) of the media on which personal data can be stored.
Your rights in connection with processing of personal data
In the following, we inform you on your rights that you have in connection with the processing of personal data by us and may exercise according to applicable data protection laws, in particular to the GDPR.
Right of access
You have the right at any time to demand information on if we process your personal data. In the event of such processing, you may request the following information from us: (i) the purposes for which personal data are processed; (ii) the categories of personal data which are processed; (iii) the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your personal data have been or will be disclosed; (iv) the planned duration of the storage of your personal data or, if specific information is not possible, criteria for determining the storage duration; (v) the existence of a right to correct or delete your personal data, a right to restrict the processing by us or a right of objection to such processing; (vi) the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority; (vii) all available information on the origin of the data if the personal data are not collected directly from you; (viii) the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling in accordance with Article 22 paragraph 1 and 4 GDPR and, at least in these cases, meaningful information on the logic involved and the scope and intended impact of such processing on you.
You have the right to request information on whether your personal data are transferred to a third country or to an international organization. In this context, you may request to be informed on the appropriate guarantees in connection with the transfer of data.
Right to rectification
You have the right to demand us to correct and/or complete your personal data if your personal data processed is incorrect or incomplete.
Right to erasure
You may demand your personal data to be deleted if (i) the personal data concerning you are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;(ii) you revoke your consent to the processing and there is no other legal basis for the processing; (iii) you submit an objection to data processing and there are no predominant justifiable reasons for the processing; (iv) your personal data have been processed illegally;(v) the deletion of your personal data is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation under Union law or the law of the Member States to which we are subject.
Right to restriction of processing
You may request to restrict the processing of your personal data if (i) you deny the accuracy of the personal data for a period of time that enables us to verify the accuracy of the personal data; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you refuse to delete the personal data and instead request the restriction of the use of the personal data; (iii) we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of processing, but you need them to assert, exercise or defend legal claims; (iv) if you have lodged an objection against the processing and it has not yet been determined whether the legitimate reasons of the person responsible outweigh your grounds.
Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You have the right to transmit your data to another Controller. Where technically feasible, you have the right to have your data transmitted directly from us to another Controller.
Right to object
On grounds relating to your particular situation, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data which is carried out on the basis of Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR. Such grounds exist, in particular, if they underline your interests and outweigh our interest in the respective data processing. If your personal data are processed in order to carry out direct advertising, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data for the purpose of such advertising; this also applies to profiling, insofar as it is associated with such direct advertising.
Right to revoke the declaration of consent under data protection law
If you give us the consent to process your personal data, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time. The revocation of the consent does not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation.
Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority
You have the right to address the supervisory authority for any questions or complaints. The supervisory authority is: https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be
Where do we process your data?
- Within the EU as much as possible.
- Outside the EU when an adequate level of protection is guaranteed in compliance with the GDPR.
Which third parties process your data?
For the following processing tasks, we collaborate with other companies that process your data but which are not allowed to use this data themselves:
- Hosting of our data and our website
- Analyzing our website
- Other services, such as recruitment and job services or lead development ( e.g. to find potential customers and interesting parties for partnerships or for participation to an event as speaker or attendant)
There are also companies that could process your data for their own purposes via third-party cookies.